Today I turn 25. In the past when anybody I knew turned 25 I would laugh at them simply because they were now a quarter of century in age. That’s ridiculous in my mind because I am still a kid and I just have this association that 25 means no more kid stuff. Well we all know that isn’t true. The problem with getting older is that I get a bit more anxious when I find myself not accomplishing my goals in life.
This will come off as bragging, but I am trying to list the major events that have happened in my life:
- 3 – First crush
- 11 – First C in conduct of all things
- 11 – First girlfriend
- 12 – First kiss on lips and french kiss
- 15 – First real steady girlfriend
- 17 – Graduated with IB Diploma
- 17 – Accepted into Harvard, Brown, Georgetown and Vanderbilt. Chose University of South Florida to stay close to my brother.
- 18 – Start college with 60 credits (Junior)
- 19 – Offered pro soccer contract that I turned down because all those stay in school commercials were starting to kick in.
- 20 – Named captain of soccer team
- 21 – Graduated with Bachelors in MIS
- 23 – Graduated with Masters in MIS
- 23 – Fired from job
- 24 – CEO (just a title but still cool as hell) of 9rules, Inc.
- 25 – Nothing.
Things I have yet to accomplish that I know most of the people my age have already:
- Steady girlfriend, fiancee, or wife
- Car they want to drive
And if your mom is anything like my mom you know how it gets when she contstantly asks how your love life is…
So today I will celebrate and tomorrow will become just another day to achieve world dominance. Oh and to work on the presentation for the Blog Business Summit.
Originally posted on August 14, 2005 @ 2:01 pm