Last week I wrote about the 80/20 rule and the Design Blogosphere and although I think generally the rule is quickly disappearing, on an individual level it still exists. So I thought it would be nice to see what your top 20 design sites are for news, information, content or whatever. Actually lets just do 5 since 20 can get out of hand fast and most of them would be 9rules Members. Heck the top 5 might all be 9rules Members.
- 456 Berea Street. Roger is a machine.
- Stylegala. I don’t look for inspiration so the reviews serve me no purpose. It’s the portal news feature that I crave.
- Mark Boulton. Does any other individual pump out this many quality articles in a year? Five simple steps to designing grid systems – Part 5 is just the latest of this must read site.
- Design Observer. Very, very heavy with regards to design content, but it brings a professionalism to the craft that has been diluted by many in the blogosphere.
- Asterisk. Because he paid me to put his site here.
And to put into words my thoughts on this subject enter Cameron Moll.
Though the idea of a *personalized* 80/20 â€” from the perspective of the reader â€” is likely still relevant, regardless of my original list. I personally donâ€™t have enough time in the day to stay current with hundreds of sites. I still look to a few dozen to keep me current on trends and news. And that was the original intent in penning the list.
Who are the top 20 today? Iâ€™m not positive a global list along those lines is even all that important now, but Iâ€™m certain each of us as readers still has our own 80/20 listâ€¦
Originally posted on September 26, 2005 @ 10:58 am