To follow up on my post concerning your Knowledge Portfolio I thought it would be nice to gather what you find to be the essential books that any programmer or designer should have. Here is what I have come up with so far.
- Don’t Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach To Web Usability
- Information Architecture: Blueprints for the Web
- The Elements of Typographic Style
- Visual Explanations: Images and Quantities, Evidence and Narrative
- Envisioning Information
- The Visual Display of Quantitative Information
- Grid Systems in Graphic Design
- Universal Principles of Design
- Thinking With Type: A Critical Guide for Designers, Writers, Editors, & Students
- The Design of Everyday Things
- Emotional Design: Why We Love (or Hate) Everyday Things
- The Pragmatic Programmer: From Journeyman to Master
How about you?
Originally posted on September 24, 2010 @ 11:39 am